Reminiscing Unleash the Power Within (UPW 2009) by Anthony Robbins
I’ve immersed myself recently most of the time listening to Tony Robbins audio books like Personal Power II, Get the Edge, Conquering Overwhelming Loss: Rediscovering a Compelling Future and Negotiating Conflict: Leadership in Times of Crisis. With this immersion, I wanted to share my live experience with Anthony Robbins last year.
I attended UPW at Singapore, Expo last September 4-7, 2009. On that night, I managed to conquer my fears by firewalking. Oh I still have the blister mark on my foot that I got during that event. I must say that it was the biggest event for that year for me and perhaps the other years as well. UPW did not change myself but rather taught me to become the person that I deserved to be. It taught me about who I am, what I love, what I hate, what excites me, and what drives me. The more I become the person that I wanted to be the easier for me to achieve what I want and to be fulfilled.
I’m just going to pick some principles from the 4 day event that I have applied from my journey.
The 3 Pillars of an Extraordinary Life
- Get laser-focused, make it clear and compelling. This first step is to clarify the results that I desire in life. What is your definition of an extraordinary quality of life? What do you need to take your life to the next level? Without a clear and compelling vision of what you want today, you won’t be able to find the target of lasting happiness. If you have the courage to face the truth of where you are, you will discover the path to where you want to be. In other words, you have to know your Why? What? Because clarity is power. Your Energy flows where your focus goes.
- Get the Best Tools/Map/Strategy/Coaching for Results. Once you’ve defined your target, you need an effective and efficient game plan to hit it. In order to close the “gap” between where you are and where you want to be, you need a proven map, an effective mentor, and training to drive you to take action. You must know somebody who is in the game because success leaves clues. Remember ignorance is poverty and pain.
- Get into Action! Unlock and Unleash, Alignment and Integration = Power. Sometimes tools are not enough, we need to unlock what’s blocking us and unleash the power. Why is it sometimes we know what to do, we have great motives for change, and yet we fail to follow through? Why we do what we do and how to change it. By understanding our personal blueprint, how we create meaning and emotion and what causes us to think, feel, and behave the way we do, we can not only gain the answers to these questions, but learn how to create lasting change and fulfilment. We have to destroy limiting beliefs. We have to do massive action to achieve success, to contribute and to celebrate.
There are 2 skills to master for an extraordinary quality of life.
1. Science of Achievement or your ability to produce results; to take anything you envision and make it real.
2. Art of Fulfillment or your ability to feel happiness and joy in the process; to delight in the experience of life.
The secret to wealth and happiness is to become a team player. Happiness comes from progress. Progress shows in the form of growth and in the sense of contribution. Power moves to those who are truly committed to serve because life is more than you. Find a team of people that you love to work with.
Another area of philosophy that made impact to my life is through the 12 Master Principles of a Vital Life: The Power of Pure Energy. This topic was discussed entirely during the last whole day.
The first 8 are called The Gifts;
- The Power of Vital Breathing & Lymphasizing – to breathe deeply and to rebound vertically to cleanse your cells.
- The Power of Living Water and Live Foods –
- The Power of Essential Oils –
- The Power of Alkalinity – Go Green! – I already started to enjoy this process.
- The Power of Aerobic Energy –
- The Power of Maximum Nourishment –
- The Power of Structural Alignment and Maximum Strength –
- The Power of a Directed Mind and Heart –
The last 4 are called the Poisons;
- The Poison of Processed Fats
- The Poison of Animal Flesh
- The Poison of Dairy Products
- The Poison of Acid Addictions
Here are some inspiring UPW Songs (playlist)
Now I am the Voice.
I will lead, not follow.
I will believe, not doubt.
I will create, not destroy.
I am a Force for Good.
I am a Leader.
Defy the odds!
Set a new standard!
Step Up ! Step Up ! Step Up !